Well I didn't write yesterday because I was just too darn onry. My daughter Amanda told me that she read that it gets better after the 3rd day on a liquid diet. I think she is right. I feel a little better today. I don't like not being my usual patient self.
I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and it was very long. I have done pretty good with the thought of the pain until they talked about how much air they pump into your stomach to perform the surgery and how much pain that creates afterwords. They say that it is worse the the pain of the incisions. Oh Joy for me. I am still ok with it. My mind is very occupied with the thought of food. Because they take out the part of your stomach that produces the hormone that makes you hungry I am hoping the thought of food is not longer in control of my every thought after.
I went to Walmart yesterday after the appointment to get a prescription for Ambien so I hopefully can get a little sleep before the surgery. I could not handle the site of all the food. The smells just drove me crazy. I started to get so anxious. I had to go sit in the car.
My hubby bless his heart bought ice cream and a symphony bar. I was a little irritated at that even though I really shouldn't be. I will be so glad when this week is over.
Well it is morning and so this is actually my post for last night. I will write more tonight.
Yes Yes Yes I can do this
Yes you can do this, sorry about the candy bar and ice cream. I love you
ReplyDelete